Thursday, September 11, 2014

Julius Ceaser's Shakespeare

Ever since I was young, Shakespeare's mighty works have had me by the pants. The way he manipulated his words and sentences, paved the way for other writers to take hold the English language.  Imagine what would go on without such a bold man...

Anyway, I am not here to speak of such childish history, but of another. The production, Juluis Ceaser has struck thousands around the world.  Today, the family's play has toured and been a focus of many prestigious schools for it's study.

Not only did Shakespeare keep the historical text, he maintained the honor and decency of Ancient Rome.  I have had a soft spot in my heart for Rome for a very long time and after reading this proud play, I love it even more.  Also having been there, Shakespeare has captured the atomic atmosphere exceptionally!

Unfortunately, not much is known about Shakespeare's personal history and past.  Such an intelligent man had a powerful mind to manipulate things beyond all belief.  What would it take one of us to forge ahead and wrote like we never have before, invent new words and ways to put then together?  I know it might take me a while...

Many movies and books have tried to put some explanation behind the man's powerful words and plays.  One of those great movies is 'Shakespeare in Love', which tried to put a reason to writing Romeo and Juliette's sad ending as well as Twelfth Night.

Anyway, our production was quite interesting.  Our ensemble had four weeks to come together and preform such a great work.

Much to all our surprise, we pulled it off and managed to struggle through our first two performances.  Then by the third, we realized that we were not as bad as we thought (but no one thought we were in the first place).  We had felt as though we properly worked together as a group.

I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about his writing.  I hope to keep things up in the future studying and acting from his works.

PS.  I just got into a play called Midsummer's Night's Jersey (a parody of Midsummer's Night's Dream).

No comments:

Post a Comment