Friday, September 19, 2014

TWISTED: The Untold Story of the Royal Administrator

This is my 2nd post for today!!!  Yay.

This musical play is truly something funny.  I love it truly because it makes you think about what truly goes on in someone's life and what they had on their plate, defining their actions.

It is similar to Wicked and is a parody of Aladdin, retelling the story and life of Jaffar from his perspective.

This production was put on by a company in the United States called Team Starkid.  They sponsor and direct interesting productions that prompt questions about famous plays or movies.  They created the Very Potter Musicals, Twisted, and other amazing pieces.

While I was painting, I found this musical and began to watch.  It made me laugh until I cried and the lead actor was amazing.  I thought the way he made lines into their own special moments extremely captivating.  Everything about him was very special and unique.

Then watching it with a friend (Angela), we found ourselves laughing hysterically to certain facial expressions we caught the lead actor in.  They were screenshots taken at the wrong time but made me smile.

Today I am writing this post, NOT to make fun of him or mock him, but to praise this lead actor for being able to manipulate his facial muscles to make everyone who saw him smile.  I certainly hope to meet such a man in my own life to shake his hand and say "You, sir... have made me smile and laugh when I felt as though my world was coming down on my shoulders!"

Here are some of my favorite:











Those were my favorite parts.  Tell me what you think in the comments and tell me if you are going to watch TWISTED.  :D
Please do not watch this production if you are under 13 years of age.  It contains mature material and explicit language.  However, these language choices and themes fit and suit the production and I would not see another way of them putting it on without including it.

If you do, write your opinion in the comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment