Thursday, July 17, 2014

Japan

Hello my lovely readers.  I am in a great mood today (more like for the past few days actually...  depside my knee and long plane rides).  As some of you (hopefully all.  :P) may know, I love certain things in life like travel.

About a year ago over the summer, I was given the opportunity to go to Japan.  Knowing me, you all know what happened next (I TOOK IT WITH A 'HELL YES' FACE).

It was AMAZING!  Firstly, Japan is super unique (like me).  Secondly, there are Asians there and not many tourists (cool).  Next, there are a bunch of cool cultural experiences to look into and try out, as well as the food.  Lastly, everything there is a little funky to super traditional.  The younger people are pretty modern and almost space-like.  Their clothing is definitely 21st century and hip.  Then you see older people walking around in traditional clothing and shoes, functioning as well as the younger people.  This is find very interesting.

Well, being Japan and harbouring my love for cosplay, I knew I had to buy a few things.  One of the things I NEEDED (and I ask for very few things) was the Itachi Uchiha Akatsuki robe.  It needed to be perfect and very high quality.  Many of the other robes that are sold in the United States or other parts of Asia are not as high quality and the designs on the robe might not be in the correct (according to the manga/ anime) places.  So, picking this robe was tricky...  Way harder than anything I have ever really done before.

After a few days of looking around in Tokyo, still no robe.  (I think I might have told this story before...  If so, just bare with me.  ^.^)  We decided to just (not give up but...) look another time.  With heavy hearts, my family and I (mainly me.  :P) moved on for the rest of our trip.  On our last day back in Tokyo we decided to look one last time.  We had only two hours until our flight left and we spent them wholeheartedly searching for this robe.  Finally, in the last few minutes and last possible shop, we find it.  Not only was this the highest quality robe I have EVER seen/ felt, but it fit perfectly!  (I try to stay away from the 'fit like a glove' phrase because frankly, no gloves ever fit me.  I have weirdly small child-hands.)

Anyway, being back in Tokyo, we wanted to stock up on some more cheaper and higher quality cosplay materials.  For my sister, she wanted the Sasuke Uchiha cosplay costume to match and go along with mine (being siblings).  We searched and searched but nothing.  There was a cosplay the very next day and we needed to get her something desperately.  Still there was nothing...  Eventually we had to go with buying her a Naruto Shippuden outfit (which fit her perfect!) and a long blond girl's wig.  Since that is NOT Naruto's hair, we made her into a girl version, which actually has been cosplay-ed in before.

The next day we woke up early at around 8am and ate breakfast.  When we got back to the room it was around 8:45am and we got right to cleaning our face and getting on our shirts (and for my sister, her orange jumpsuit).

After we did our make-up.  I did hers (as usual) and when we finished, it was 10:30am.  We decided to take a taxi there and we sadly had forgotten to do our eye-lashes but no matter.  :P


(I PROMISE to put up pictures as soon as I get them downloaded and developed.  :P)


Well, that was my Tokyo experience.  I am now back in the United States and kickin' it here.  ^.^  Peace out peeps and until next post.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment