Saturday, June 28, 2014

Cosplay

Hello everyone.  I'm a huge cosplayer, as I hope you all have realised by now.  I mainly cosplay from the manga (which is better in my belief) and the anime Naruto (or Naruto Shippuden).  A few days ago I went to another cosplay by CostaFest Asia and it was the Black Market event here in Singapore.  It was the first time they have ever been on Resorts World Sentosa and history was made that day.  I was an amazing feeling to be a part of it.

Here are some of the pics:
This footage was taken when we were on the way there by taxi.  The ride is usually about 20-30 minutes from my house so we had a nice and relaxing ride to and from Sentosa.  I sat in the front and my little sister who also was with us and participating in the cosplay, sat in the back with Valerie.

 At the cosplay we had a ball! We gave Valerie a nice hat, similar to a character we created for her.  Sadly I could not match her to any character in the same manga/ anime that I cosplay in so we created her own.  ^.^  Sometimes people ask who she represents but none of them really mind when we say "she is her own character".  Thank Heavens for kindness and empathy people generally posses.  :D

 The lovely man on the left is +Robert Picard, my lovely boyfriend (at the moment).  He is super supportive about my interests and one of them is cosplay.  He came with my for the first time and seemed to really enjoy it.  I hope me and him get to go to a few more.

 We decided to take a funny photo to commemerate our cosplay day out.  Me, on the left, +Valerie Antoni next to me, and my little sister Karina on the far right.  +Robert Picard took the lovely photo for us and I still am laughing at the amazing face my sister managed to make.  Heavan knows how she did it and how she gets so many laughs from my friends and hers from it.  Al in all, it was a hilarious day filled with excitment and joy.




On the nice taxi ride home.  Honestly, it seemed longer going there than on the way back.  ^.^

 Because I posses a passion for art and makeup, I enjoy doing stage and cinema makeup styling.  So, whenever I get the good chance (Halloween, events, photoshoots, cosplays, etc...) I take it with open arms and clean brushes.  Here is exclusive footage that was taken in the makeup process with my best friend +Valerie Antoni.  Some of the other footages are her when she was finished but here is before I put the scar on her and finished her under-eyes and nose area.

Again, I want to thank my readers (which I seem to do at every end of my posts.  who wouldn't thank all of you guys...  :P) for being supportive and hanging on to my work as I make my way through life.  Although I will probably never know you all, I am happy that you all support my deep thoughts about life and the meanings we all seem to encounter.

To check out more of my thoughts, just check out more of the posts.  PLEASE, PLEASE vote on my poll to let me know what my readers want to hear more about.  You can even add a comment and ask a question you will want to be answered on my next post.

Remember, take life as it comes and enjoy it while you can.  A lot of people seem to look down on cosplayers because they fear and think that by posting your picture out into the web, you will jeopardize your chances of getting a job or advancing up in later life.  Some cultures think that cosplayers are dirty people or are too addicted to what they do but I actually see it as an art form.  Art is a special thing and it is almost sacred to me and my life.  I take it in many ways and to me and others, cosplay is just another form of expression and drama, the fine arts that their finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment