Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fruits of the Mind (Part 2)

Fruits of the Mind (Part 2)

Describe what common sense means to you.

Common sense derives from the basic laws of nature which are engraved in our instincts.  Humans, possessing slightly higher intelligence, are capable of expanding these instinctual laws to things like "Don't swing on that broken swing, you'll fall" or "Don't eat what fell on the floor, you could get sick 'cause the ground is dirty."  All those things lead back to our instincts to survive and maintain our ability to procreate.  Anything that seems to put that on the line is believed the be 'common sense' to avoid.

What gives you a sense of security?

Music.  Music is always there for you even when everyone and everything else abandons you (or cannot fill the holes in your soul).  The way the rhythm moves through ones body can actually affect ones heart and only proves how physically music can touch us!  We all already know how the music can touch the soul but how it also can move the body means there is something that music can do to our bodies which is even more mind-blowing.  Through my whole life, music has shaped how I feel and will continue to feel forever (I am sure).

Name five things that you are most thankful for right now.

1.  My life--> I'm still alive to write this.
2.  My brain--> it keeps me going (no one has it harder).
3.  Love--> it's always in the universe no matter if I am feeling it or not.
4.  Hope--> it's my middle name for God's sake (doesn't that say enough?).
5.  Music--> see previous question for explanation.

What season is your favorite and what do you love most about it?

My favorite is winter because everything dies and strangely enough, is covered in the pure white snow.  It is interesting because since there is so much death, one might expect a lot of gloomy colors but the white snow covers up the death and makes things seem brighter.  It is just a truly interesting time and fun to ponder about.

Do you think chewing gum is beneficial or just a bad habit?

Very beneficial!  Science shows chewing gum at certain times may improve your memory and allow you to recall points from your past.  Also it helps pass time and entertains your conscious mind.  I actually wonder why I've never been chewing gum in my dreams.  Science does show that those kind of things do affect the subconscious but it's never appeared in my dreams.  Interesting...

How do you tend to handle confrontation?

I tend to relax and internalize almost all of it, no matter whose fault.  I will gladly stand in dead silence while the other confronts me in whatever manner they chose best.

Do you have a favorite visual artist?  What is your favorite work of art by them and how does it speak to you?

My favorite visual artist would be Leonardo DaVinci because of the way his brilliant mind speak so clearly through his work and inventions.  He was a true art pioneer for his time and even now!  He was able to surpass the restrictions of his time to express himself to his full potential.  Even many artists today (including myself) cannot 'properly' or 'give complete justice' to what they create in their heads.  DaVinci was able to get as close to his mind's eye vision as possible.  Also he was a true Renaissance Man, master of more than one artisan trade.  To be a true artist, you cannot only be an artist.

My favorite piece would have to be the sketches he did in his sketchbooks.  They speak to me because the sketchings of an artist show their true mind the best (I think) and he seems much more human and relatable (due to his marks and how he portrays his subjects).

What are your thoughts about reality TV?  Is there any benefit to watching it?

Reality TV is funny in some ways but to me, it is just the exploitation of human existence for capitalism.  People change when other are watching them and judging them.  Therefore, what is seen on the glowing screen isn't really show they are or portraying how they feel.  It's just unfair and potentially able to create something like the Kardashians, which in my opinion is poison to the mind.

What is your favorite store and what do you love to buy there?

Hot Topic without a doubt (Spencer's is second) because of the kooky and out-of-the-ordinary merchandise is sold there.  My kinda people shop there because there are a lot of cosplay stuff there for me to utilize and really awesome band fan merchandise (Fallout Boy, Black Veil Brides, Disturbed, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch...).  Also there are Batman, Sherlock, Avengers, and Supernatural stuff galore.

How do you feel about the color red?

I simply love the color red!  Red resembles something deeper within your souls and can symbolize many diverse and interesting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment