Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fruits of the Mind (Part 1)

Fruits of the Mind (Part 1)

A while back, I got this book called 500 Writing Prompts and it is AMAZING!!!!  I just want to share some of the things which I have written down from the book.  I defiantly suggest getting this book because as you will soon understand, it not only covers the ridiculous aspects of life, but also makes one thing much deeper about peculiar issues.

If you readers have any interesting questions for me to answer, feel free to comment below or even answer some of the questions I pose.

Enjoy!

Name one thing you wish your cellphone did for you that it currently does not.

I wish my cellphone could show me whenever someone is thinking or wanting to text/ reach me (when their phone is in their hands).  That would eliminate me constantly wondering over how people perceive me or if someone whom I wish was thinking about me really is or not.  Also it might cure the issue of people being too afraid to text someone.  Then I could just text them first.

Write ten thoughts that will be stuffed inside fortune cookies for strangers to read.

1.  Fire smells like burning things.
2.  World peace starts with the peace of an individual.
3.  Happiness is never physical.
4.  The soul is never individual.
5.  Patience is not a virtue, 'tis a genetic trait and skill.
6.  Defy your genetics today!
7.  One day the world shall awaken and weep.
8.  Humans are not the superior race.
9.  Apes poses the ability to lie and deceive unlike many other animals... we originate from apes.
10.  Go a day without hate or negative judgment.

If you found yourself in Oz, what would you do differently than Dorothy?

I most certainly would not be as afraid and tedious as she was.  Being in a technicolor new place would seem awesome at first.  I would miss my real life outside it but I wouldn't faff around like she did.  I might try to be intent on making myself something in Oz rather than spending the whole time trying to get home.  Then if I was going home, I would try to bring something magical back with me.

Talk about your favorite pair of shoes and why you love them so much.

I love my converse!  The older they get, the more I cherish and care for them.  They just show one how much you've grown and how many places you've traveled to.  Also mine tear to properly fit my weird feet faster than most other shoes so they are more comfortable.  Just something about how the color fades in them and how they become more and more used to your individual feet makes the relationship one can develop with their shoes very personal.

Do you think dinosaurs and humans could coexist today?  What would make that possible or impossible?

I totally think we could coexist!  However, the only slight problem would be that the humans would try to domesticate or put the dinosaurs in exhibits (following the majority of human nature).  I'm sure everything would end up like Jurassic Park/ World but it's never too late to imagine and try it out (and hopefully learn from those amazing movies).

Finish the sentence: "Life is short..."

...but never too short to do something good for another (be it alive, dead, an animal, plant, human, or inanimate object/ structure).

Do you find skeletons to be interesting or scary?

Very interesting!  Death only intrigues me rather than frighten me.  Therefore skeletons only peak my fascination for the human body and how it functions like the perfect machine.

Have you ever written something that made you cry while writing it?  What triggered that response?

I have indeed (as I'm sure you all can figure).  It was a letter to my Mom.  Sometimes when I get upset, far too upset for words, I write down my feelings or thoughts to better consolidate them into organized and understandable parts.  It was one time when I was so emotionally drained, I had trouble even writing.  It involved something between my mother and I and was partially due to me but I can't exactly recall the details.  I do remember writing my feelings eventually but I cried my bloody eyes out while doing so.
Another time could be when I was writing the Pjan blog post.  Now for that, I was emotionally weeping and dying inside because it brought back so many memories of the park and what I learned (and also what could be going on as I wrote).

Explain lightning to a five-year-old.

"Lightning is when the power of the sky meets the power of the clouds.  The cloud shapes go to war with the big blue sky.  The rumbling which is heard is the army of cloud soldiers marching towards the sky, their colors all in grey.  The bright flash of light is the clashing of the clouds and sky forces as the battle begins.  Their energies are truly power which creates the passion in the sky."

How do you feel about bonsai trees?  Have you ever had one?

I love bonsai trees!  The way their bark curves makes my eyes dance.  My Mom loves them too and she was the one who showed them to me.  When we went to Japan, she would always pause by a bonsai tree and I would run my fingers over the curves of the bark.  Just something about them connects to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment