Sunday, May 26, 2013

Wings



I drift through time, space, through non existent things.  I feel the presence of other living things around me but I cannot see.  Then I am pulled away from them all, going forwards into nothing.  I feel another presence before me, an older, more developed one.  My vision begins to clear and I see before me an aged man, floating but yet his feet are planted firmly on nothing.  He looks at me and smiles.
My, she is beautiful.  He has worked his magic on her.  Karen will be blessed!  I can’t believe He could give this child so much in so little time and in one body.  My!  I move towards her, my old legs moving with the energy my body forgot I had when I was a child.  My knees bend effortlessly, unlike  the creaky feeling I  had felt before, for they had been oiled by eternal life.  Her small soul shivers before me, not out of fear but of the freshness of life’s cold nibble on her pureness.  I smoothly take my wrinkled hands out of my pockets, rearranging the acorns and nuts for the squirrels.  My hands outstretch to touch her, now or never again for it will be a long wait until she takes the one way trip to visit me again.  When my hand makes contact with her aired soul, a gush of warmth overcomes me and I smile.  I feel the peace of Him run through me.  She does not say anything but she just smiles, not with her face but with her heart and soul.  Her eyes twinkle and go wide, too undeveloped to properly see me.
“Child, everything is going to be fine.  I want you to know that.”
His warm, calming voice overwhelms me, sending my head spinning with new feelings and sounds, though his lips do not part.  His hands hold my face, touching my forehead and shaping it slightly like clay.  He overlooks everything, making sure my features are fully formed and in his perfection.  I feel another presence, something more powerful and inspiring come over into our space.  It does not speak and it does not move but it is what it is.  I feel a powerful sense of self move into me and I begin to fully see.  I can see the older man more clearly, a quirky mustache perched on his upper lip.  A few wrinkles around his eyes but they definitely surrounding his smile.  This man truly must have smiled upon a thousand suns to have become this happy!  He takes my hands in his and I look down at my body, now full and human like.  Pure, I am in front of him, perfect in his eyes.  The old man sits down in front of me and rests, his mind fresh but his body fading.  I sit down with him but he does not let go of my hands.  I feel a warmth run over them as feeling comes into them.  He heart beats fast and I can hear distant voices but they are faint.  The other presence leans over towards the old man and he shifts his weight.  He looks back at me and smiles a golden smile, warming me up inside.
“I want to give you everything, Elena.  I want to make sure you know I will always love you and will always be with you, forever and ever.  Thus, there is so little time for me to do so but I know you will always remember me.  Though you have never met me, I give you life,” coos the man, letting go of my hands.  I look down at them, my own hands slightly wrinkled, as the old man’s..
“He has given you amazing gifts Elena.  I now give you the ability to use them for His glory,” I smile, tapping her forehead lightly, sending in His grace and forgiveness.  Her eyes shutter and I feel the tug of life in her, pushing her gently away from me.  A twinge of sadness pricks my heart but I push it away.
“Love Elena, love your heart out and always forgive those who hurt you because only others can hurt back.  Take my wings, for they will let you fly,” smiles the man, taking my hand in his again, walking with me towards the voices, getting louder and louder.  I can just make out what they are saying but then I feel a tug and an uncomfortable push around me.  Then the light fades and all I see is darkness.  I feel around for the man’s hand.  He squeezes mine reassuringly, urging me forwards.
“I love you!” he says as I am met with light.


This is a work of Non-Fiction.  My grandfather died on April 27th, 1999.  I was born on April 28th, 1999.


My adopted parents married in 1994 and they wished to adopt a child.  They prayed and hoped for one and their families watched over them.  They submitted their paperwork in about November 1998, hoping for a child they could raise as their own.  

The day before Harold Vogel died, Karen, his daughter asked him to ask God to send down a child for them.  He held her hands tightly and nodded, promising he would.

Four months later, Karen and Mark Morey received word through mail that there was a baby girl in Russia who needed a family.  They went through all the paperwork and soon they were off in Russia, awaiting the official meeting with me.

As soon as Karen saw me she thanked Harold because she could feel deep down inside that I was something special, sent to her from him.  He kept his promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment