Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Mind's Ability to Think about Life and Everything it Holds

What is life?

When people usually ask me this question, I kind of look at them strangely.  Life has always been something people just can't understand.  Why are we here?  Who created us?  Now of course religion has given us some way to comprehend this marvel but I am looking around religion.  Science has also tried to give us an answer but if one tries to push the theories farther back, past the single cell organisms, past the Big Bang, there is just a blank card.  Perhaps one day we will find the answer but until then, we can still dream and wonder about our creation.

But of course, if I am writing about this, I must have something of an answer but in truth, I really don't.  I only have another silly theory, but to me, this is simple and straight to the point.  I believe that a powerful, mystical being did create the world's ability to begin and therefore the Big Bang.  Then that mystical God set up evolution and so forth.  That God has just been managing things, letting them run on their own but still stepping in when a supernatural hand is needed.  I am not saying I am going to religion as being right and I am not saying science is right either.  It is just that scientific research has found the bones of dinosaurs and un-evolved human beings.  As well as religion, shaping some modernized thoughts about life after death and what is beyond our world.

Now, I have begun to adapt a more modern view on life, that it is meant to be lived, not really pondered about.  Although, many famous philosopher pondered and pondered about life until they came up with a similar sort of view.  I admire them for that but why couldn't they have kept those thoughts in the back of their minds while the went through life's current, not standing out of the water?  Sometimes, a lot of people find themselves at life's riverbank, too afraid of getting shocked because of the cold waters.  Instead of sliding in carefully, too afraid of getting a little cold, I will jump right in, embracing the cold feeling while I still have the chance!

Thank you for reading my post.  I will post something else next week or maybe even sooner!  Does anyone have any thoughts or requests for another topic for me to discuss?

If not, then next week's theme will be on 'What defines beauty and how does that effect one's view on love'?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Like your post! I especially like the last paragraph. When we get down sometimes, we need to remember that and always have hope. Always take a chance to jump in, something new is around the corner waiting for us to discover.

    ReplyDelete