Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Comedia Del'Arte Cinderella Proformance (Trailer)

Hello readers.  Today I shall be showing you all what I have been working on this past summer (and also why I haven't written as much as usual).  For those who are not familiar, I am an actress and love working with very interesting forms of drama.  When I first got a taste for acting, it was in the style of mostly physical work (red nose clowning, mask-work, comedia del'arte, etc...).  Soon after I devoted myself to studying Shakespeare and working on highly dramatical shows which he wrote. Before summer even began, I realized I wanted to go back to my roots of acting: physical studies.  I auditioned for a troupe who would be performing the show, Cinderella in the style of Comedia del'Arte.  For those who do know know much about this style, check it out here.

Anyways, check out the trailer to the show and please enjoy what is demo-ed.  Can you guess who I am?  Let me give you a hint: I portray a Zanni soldier.

Leave your comments and let me know if you are in the area and would like to come and see the show in person.  :)

Visit the link to the photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment